Yağmur Kiraz, PhD
#CANCER #MOLECULARBIOLOGY #DRUGRESISTANCE #CELLDEATH #SIGNALLING
AFFILIATION: İZMİR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS, DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS AND BIOENGINEERING
- ADDRESS: İzmir University of Economics, Department of Genetics and Bioengineering, Office A410, 35330, Balcova, İzmir, Turkey
Dr. Yağmur Kiraz was graduated from İstanbul University, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics in 2013. She earned her MSc and PhD from İzmir Institute of Technology, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics.
(1 YEARS 10 MONTHS)Stony Brook UniversityNew York, USA
Visiting Research Scholar
(1 YEAR)Abdullah Gül UniversityKayseri, Turkey
(2 YEARS 8 MONTHS)İzmir Institute of Technologyİzmir, Turkey
(4 YEARS 9 MONTHS)İzmir Institute of Technologyİzmir, Turkey
(1 YEARS 10 MONTHS)Stony Brook UniversityNew York, USA
(1 YEAR 3 MONTHS)İzmir Institute of Technologyİzmir, Turkey
(3 YEARS 10 MONTHS)İstanbul Universityİstanbul, Turkey
- Unlu M, Kiraz Y, Kacı FN, Baran Y*. Multidrug Resistance in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Turkish Journal of Biology, 2014;38(6):806-816.
- Kiraz Y, Unlu M, Kartal Yandim M, Baran Y*. Molecular Biology of Stem Cells. Hematolog, 2014;4(2):255-265 (Invited Book Chapter).
- Mutlu P, Kiraz Y, Gündüz U, Baran Y*. An Update on Molecular Biology and Drug Resistance Mechanisms of Multiple Myeloma. Critical Reviews in Biotechnology, 2015;96(3):413-24. Link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26235594
- Kartal Yandım M, Adan A, Kiraz Y, Baran Y*. Regenerative Medicine. J Med Oncol-Special Topics 2015;8(2):10-4.
- Kiraz Y, Neergheen-Bhujun VS, Rummun N, Baran Y*. Apoptotic effects of non-edible parts of Punica granatum on human multiple myeloma cells. Tumor Biology, 2016;37(2):1803-15.
- Kiraz Y, Baran Y*, Nalbant A*. T cells in tumor microenvironment. Tumor Biology, 2016;37(1):39-45
- Adan A, Alizada G, Kiraz Y, Nalbant A*, Baran Y*. Flow cytometry: Basic Principles and Applications. Critical Reviews in Biotechnology 2017;37(2):163-176.
- Adan A, Kiraz Y, Baran Y*. Cell Proliferation and Cytotoxicity Assays. Special issue for Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, 2016. (Invited Review Article).
- Amuk NG, Kurt G, Baran Y, Seyrantepe V, Yandim MK, Adan A, Demir SA, Kiraz Y, Sonmez MF. Effects of cell-mediated osteoprotegerin gene transfer and mesenchymal stem cell applications on orthodontically induced root resorption of rat teeth. Eur J Orthod, 2016.
- Kiraz Y, Gokbulut AA, Yandım MK, Baran Y*. Major apoptotic mechanisms and genes involved in apoptosis. Tumor Biology, 2016;37(7):8471-86.
- Kiraz Y, Baran Y. Introduction to Cancer. Cancer Molecular Biology. Kisayol Publishing. ISBN: 978-605-2329-28-3; 2018.
- Uzuner E, Ulu GT, Gurler SB, Kiraz Y, Baran Y. MicroRNAs as Therapeutics. (Invited book chapter – under review)
- Ulu GT, Kiraz Y, Baran Y*. The Role of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Cancer and Their Use in Cancer Treatment. Reviews in Clinical Medicine. 2019;6(3):84-90.
- Koca D, Hastar N, Engur S, Kiraz Y, Ulu GT, Cekdemir D, Baran Y. Therapeutic Potentials of İnhibition Jumonji C Domain Containing Demethylases in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. [published online ahead of print, 2019 Dec 13]. Turk J Haematol, 2020;37(1):5-12.
- Ulu GT, Kiraz Y, Baran Y*. Personalized Biomedicine in Cancer: From Traditional Therapy to Sustainable Healthcare. Elsevier Book Biodiversity and Biomedicine – Our Future ISBN: 9780128195413.
- Gurler SB, Kiraz Y, Baran Y*. Flavonoids in Cancer Therapy: Current and Future Trends. Elsevier Book Biodiversity and Biomedicine – Our Future ISBN: 9780128195413
- Uzuner E, Kiraz Y, Baran Y*. Tumor-specific Genetic Profiling and Therapy in Biomedicine. Elsevier Book Biodiversity and Biomedicine – Our Future ISBN: 9780128195413
- Kaci FN, Kiraz Y, Cekdemir D, Baran Y*. Synergistic Apoptotic Effects of Bortezomib and Methylstat on Multiple Myeloma Cells. Archives of Medical Research 2020;51(3):187-193.
- Kiraz Y, Atallah J, Moorthi S, Unal A, Luberto C, Baran Y. Sensitization of Philadelphia Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Cells Resistant to Imatinib by Targeting Glucosylceramide Synthase. (Submitted to Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine_under revision)
HONORS & AWARDS
- “TUBITAK 1512-BiGG Grant Recipient” TÜBİTAK BiGG Individual Entrepreneurship Grant Program (2019/1), 31 December 2019
- “The Best Project Award” AMGEN 1st Biotechnology Fair, İzmir, 22 November 2019
- “Young Researcher Award” 45th Congress of Turkish Hematology Association, Antalya, 30 October- 2 November 2019
- “Experimental Hematology Award” 45th Congress of Turkish Hematology Association, Antalya, 30 October- 2 November 2019
- “EHA Travel Grant” 24th Congress of European Hematology Association, Amsterdam, 13-16 June 2019
- “Youth Travel Fund” 2019 FEBS Special Meeting on Sphingolipid Biology: Sphingolipids in physiology and pathology, Cascais, Portugal, 6-10 May 2019
- “Selected for International Research Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Students” TUBITAK, September 2017- April 2019
- “The Best Scientific Paper of 2017” European Orthodontics Society, 2017
- “Experimental Hematology Award” 4th Experimental Hematology Congress, 2017
- “2016 Health Security Partners Futures Fellowship” Health Security Partners, Vienna, 2-8 Nov 2016
- “2015 Nejat F. Eczacıbaşı Scientific Project Support Award” Nejat F Eczacıbaşı Foundation
- “Qualified in a global competition among young scientists worldwide to participate in the 65th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting” Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings, 28 June- 4 July 2015.
- “The Best Abstract Award” International IInd Experimental Hematology Congress, 2015
- “Experimental Hematology Award” Experimental Hematology Congress, 2014
- “Honourable Mention Award (IInd Best Oral Presentation Award) Ist International Stem Cell and Cellular Therapy Congress, 2014
- “The Best Hypothesis Award” International Symposium on Cancer Nanomedicine, 2013